Introducing Charlie’s Campaign.
As you are all aware un-neutered cats are most probably the biggest problem and challenge a rescue faces. Colonies left to reproduce can triple its numbers in no time at all.
As a result harrowing stories are highlighted with males suffering the most horrific injuries and young females having to endure birth where kittens are born prematurely, defective or even deceased.
For us the plight of these poor animals is closer to home. Back in 2016 Charlie who’s handsome face we’ve added to this post was killed by an un-neutered Tom. Charlie was a twelve year old neutered male who we adored.
Charlie represents all neutered, loved and innocent cats who encounter the brutality from intact males.
With the highlight of the ‘pandemic’ kittens and abandoned cats plus the cost of living rising rapidly these horrifying stories are going to increase.
From the 1st of September we are changing the structure of our fundraising page.
We have decided to support a local rescue with the fight against neutering all cats. Sally at The Arc guarantees every cat and kitten that she rehomes will be neutered before he/she leaves the rescue - we know this statement to be true.
From the 1st we have pledged to contribute to Charlie’s Campaign which will concentrate on neutering. Currently we donate 100% of the profits to our charity of the month, from September this will change to 80% with the remaining 20% dedicated to neutering.
Sally will provide the figures so you will see how many additional cats throughout the month will be neutered. We say additional because the 20% retainer will pay for cats in addition to the regular amount Sally neuters in any month.
Cats and kittens that are adopted via channels other than rescue are the most likeliest not to be neutered.
People reach out to rescue organisations for help but some are denied any help because of funding. Imagine if with the neutering retainer we could help neuter these animals that would mean less female pregnancies and brutal injuries from intact males.
We would like to stress that fees will be paid directly to a vet and not an individual. This will ensure that the funds are used for their intended purpose. Requests for help will be assessed and specific requirements will need to be met but I will add we are not here to judge. Peoples circumstances can change at the drop of a hat, none of us can predict what lies ahead and for us the most important factor is neutering, every cat neutered is a drop in the ocean but every drop creates a ripple. Our ripple will eventually turn into a tsunami.
Charlie’s Campaign will eventually become the main focus of our fundraising efforts. We will of course keep our agreement to fundraise for the rescues we have booked in but we won’t be accepting any further nominations.
Our goal is to concentrate on neutering as many cats as we can and although we won’t be supporting specific rescues financially, we believe our vision for the future will benefit more than the twelve rescues we currently commit to each year.
Every cat we can neuter is less strain on a rescue.
Although we have stated we will be supporting The Arc with neutering we want to stress the cats that we will be funding will be those outside of The Arc’s care.
Colonies and cats belonging to people who have reached out for some financial support are the priority. We won’t be funding cats that are in the care of a rescue as we want to broaden the scope of neutering and break the breeding cycles.
Please, please support Charlie’s Campaign, neutered cats live longer, happier lives. Let’s all keep fighting the never ending fight for our precious kitties.
Let’s make Charlie proud of our efforts to break this cycle now.
Sharing our campaign will ultimately save lives.
Amazing. I have ordered a few items and all have been fabulous quality and exceptional value for money. Bespoke items are beautifully made and have a unique look that make them so very special. Orders are well packaged and sent very quickly after payment is received. Many items are very unique-so if you see something you really like, don't hesitate to order it as it might not be available for long and you won't regret it.
I've ordered a few things through Paws with Claws and can say the quality of the items are brilliant and always received a few days after payment has been made. It's also nice to know that you are raising much needed funds for the smaller rescues. Big thumbs up to Hazel and Leanne for all their time and efforts.
These ladies put their heart and soul into raising much needed funds for smaller rescues. I only ordered my crystals a couple of days ago and received them this morning. I'm so impressed I have already placed another order. 5 stars from me and long may it continue.